Friday 4 September 2009

First Post

I am an avid Warhammer 40000 fan, enjoying both the tabletop war game as well as the Black Library literature. I have been reading the books now for over 4 years and have been into the game for a little over 2 years.

As can be seen from the Title of the blog I am a huge fan of the Ultramarines and currently posses over 5000 points of same. I also have 2k of Tau which will likely be mentioned from time to time on the page.

However the main focus of this blog will be the progress of my new guard army. For obvious reasons it will have an Ultramar base, primarily being elements of IG regiments from Calth.

The army is in its infancy as I only have 1 (2nd hand) Leman Russ painted and the 5 clip together guardsman. They have been my test bed to see if I like the army and also to get a colour scheme that works for me. This has now been done.

I am also currently working on the fluff and composition for my army. So far its going to be a combined army (with emphases on troops) with elements of the Calth 768th Heavy Foot and the 42nd Mechanised Cavalry.

Its going to slow process as I dont have access to much funding at the moment but I hope to add a unit or two each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment