Sunday 13 June 2010

Multi Chapter Kill Team

In my previous post I asked what 10 different chapters had in common. The answer? A multi chapter kill team. I was going through my bits box and realised I had enough bits and bobs to make up 5 space marines. But what do make? I have every single type of unit out of the codex. I decided then that I would make up a 200 point kill teams and as each model is essentially an individual unit I decided to make each one from a different codex chapter, excluding my ultramarines. I was able to find decals. shoulder pads or free hand the chapter emblems for 9 of the marines. The Howling Griffin defeated me. I didnt have the skill to free hand it and the options for transfers (Brettonian or Space Wolf transfers that can be modified on Ebay or printing my own) were too pricey considering I need a single emblem.

I also bought a box of tacticals to make up the numbers. I was going to buy a combat squad but at £15 for 5 marines vs £22 for 10 marines with an upgrade sprue it would have been stupid to get just the combat squad.

Anyways, here is the squad.

Soul Drinker and Imperial Fist


Black Consul and Son of Orar


Howling Griffin and Iron Snake


Eagle Warrior and Salamander


White Scar and Mortifactor



2 comments:

  1. Nice use of sanguinary whatsit bits for the Soul Drinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favourites are the Salamander and the Mortifactor, although they are all superbly painted...

    ReplyDelete